|Jay C. Hanan
Address: Oklahoma State University, 700 N. Greenwood Ave., Tulsa, OK 74106
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Ph.D., California Institute of
Areas of Interest
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE and ACTIVITIESPresent
• Reviewer, several journals including Journal of Materials Science, Journal of Materials Science and Technology, Journal of Robotics and Automation, and others.
• McLain magnet High-School Materials Science Curriculum and Strand advisor.
• Reviewer for Advanced Light Source, X-ray microdiffraction proposals
• Faculty search committees
• Scholarship committees
• Helmerich-ATRC planning and lab design review
• Various invited lectures for academic and general audiences
• Industry advisor for advanced materials applications
• Industry advisor for non-destructive evaluation
• General user and supporter of the APS, ALS, LANSCE, NSLS, and other facilities.
Member: ASME; TMS; ACerS; SPE; SPIE.
• 2005-2007: Faculty Advisor for OSU-Tulsa ASME Student Chapter
• 2006 Nanomechanics Committee (TMS)
• 2003-2004: Reviewer for IEEE Aerospace Journal
• 2003-2004: Reviewer for NASA Small Business Innovative Research Initiatives
• 2002-2004: Member of the Aero Association of Caltech/JPL
• 1998-2001: Participant in the SMARTS (Spectrometer for Materials Research at Temperature and Stress) instrument design team at the Los Alamos Neutron Science Center, Los Alamos National Laboratory