Services for Students
The OSU-Tulsa Library Staff invites students to take advantage of the services provided especially for them. Professional reference librarians will assist you with your informational needs, research questions, and general library use. Please take advantage of the services reviewed on the other pages of the OSU-Tulsa Library home page and the following special services for students. The Library and its staff are here to assist you in achieving the greatest results in your academic pursuits.
Top 10 Things to Know about the OSU-Tulsa Library!
10. Where do I find the Library?
The OSU-Tulsa Library is located in Main Hall on the OSU-Tulsa Campus.
The Library website is located at http://www.osu-tulsa.okstate.edu/library/index.php or Google OSU-Tulsa Library!
You can access the Library resources 24/7 from your home or office! When you click on a database you will be prompted login with your O-Key login (your OSU okstate.edu email and password). You only need to login once to access most all of our databases. Remember you need to activate your O-Key Account and establish your O-Key email address and password.
9. Need Help? Call, Come in, Text, IM, or Email Us.
- You can call us at (918) 594-8137
- Come in! Checkout our Hours.
- Text us!
- Instant message us!
- Email us! at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Here to request library instruction / training for individuals or groups.
8. Looking for books, dvds, videos and more?
- Search the Advanced or Basic Classic Catalog!
- EBooks are online books that you can read from home. They include general and reference books. Great resources when you need help with research papers at 1:00 am in the morning!
- BOSS - Big Orange Search System - Search BOSS for books on your research topic. You can view what the OSU-Stillwater Library owns as well as other libraries in the OSU system. You may request that the book be sent to the OSU-Tulsa Library by clicking on the Send this book to my campus library feature. The book will be delivered by courier usually within a couple days.
- Note Borrowing policies for checkout and renewal information. You can Renew Books online too!
7. Looking for journal articles?
- Databases by Subject or Databases A - Z help you identify a database when looking for electronic journal articles.
- Use Journal Titles A - Z if you already know the journal title you need.
- Quick Search - Search several databases simultaneously. A good finding tool.
6. Need help organizing your references?
Use RefWorks! Consult the following style manuals: APA (American Psychological Association), MLA (Modern Language Association), Chicago Manual of Style, ASA (American Sociological Association), and style manuals for other disciplines.
5. If we do not have the book or article you are looking for, we will get it for you!
4. Copying / Printing
- Two copy machines are available in the Library and one is located outside the Library entrance/exit. Copies are $.10 per page. We also have machines that will make print copies from microfiche!
- Tulsa and Stillwater students taking Undergraduate courses will be given 50 print credits per credit hour. (3 undergraduate credit hours will get a student 150 print credits)
- Tulsa and Stillwater students taking Graduate courses will be given 100 print credits per credit hour. (3 undergraduate credit hours will get a student 300 print credits)
- Students will be charged 5 cents per credit for pages printed beyond the credits issued for enrollment. Essentially 5 cents per single sided 8.5x11 page for B&W
- We can no longer accept paper for credit to students accounts. Students that exceed their print balances will be required to pay the balance owed. The balance owed will be sent to your Bursar's account if you have an active Okey Account.
- The “free” printer has been removed. Students printing using their own paper will need to use the manual feed. (See lab staff for details) Langston Nursing students will receive 250 print credits per semester they are currently enrolled.
- Remember that you can save documents by using a flash drive, emailing them to yourself, saving to your H drive (only available on campus), or saving to a CD or disk.
3. Group Study Rooms
Seven group study rooms within the library are available to students. Please reserve a room at the Circulation Desk or call (918) 594-8130. Rooms can be reserved for a four hour period. Several of the rooms are equipped with computers and other equipment. For more information see the Group Study Room Guidelines.
2. Instructor Reserves
Faculty members have electronic reserve material available through the OSU Tulsa Library Catalog. A link, Reserves, is on the navigation bar as well as under Library Services on the OSU-Tulsa Library webpage. For more information click on Student Access to Electronic Reserves.
Instructors may place physical books and articles on reserve for required reading. These are held at the Reserve Desk under the instructor's name. Present a current student I.D. to use reserve materials. Reserve items may be checked out at any time.
1. Learn more about the Library!
Instructional services are available. Click Here for individual or group student orientation sessions. Use our online Resource Guides and online Tutorials as well. On the Tutorials webpage, view 10 short videos and then take the 10 question Library Quiz. Check your basic knowledge of the Library!
As a publicly supported institution, OSU-Tulsa Library welcomes persons who wish to visit or use the library for research or educational purposes. However, the resources of the library are intended primarily for the students, faculty, and staff of OSU-Tulsa. Therefore, library privileges are limited for other users. Because OSU-Tulsa students pay tuition and a per-credit library fee, they have priority in using all resources. Please consult the document Access Policy for complete details.
Library workstations are intended to provide expanded access to research and educational resources for OSU-Tulsa students, faculty, and staff. Please consult the Computer Policy for responsible workstation use and workstation printing.