Thursday, May 08, 2014
Prepare for OSU-Tulsa's graduation ceremony with these helpful tips
|The OSU-Tulsa Graduation Ceremony will take place at the Pavilion at Expo Square.|
The Class of 2014 will be honored during OSU-Tulsa’s graduation ceremony on Monday at the Pavilion at Expo Square. Dr. Gary Trennepohl, OSU-Tulsa’s founding president, will serve as keynote speaker for the institution’s 15th graduation ceremony.
To help make this exciting and busy day go smoothly for graduates, family and friends, follow these event tips:
- If you or a guest will need special assistance because of a disability, including guests with wheelchairs or walkers, please call Priscilla Boegh in Student Disabilities Services at 918-594-8354 to make arrangements.
- Seating is limited, so families should arrive early. Doors open at 5:15 p.m.
- Coordinate a post-ceremony meeting point with family members.
- Leave all personal items (purses, backpacks, etc.) at home or with a friend or family member.
- Mortarboards are worn horizontally (parallel to the ceiling) with the point directly in the center front.
- Tassels are worn on the right, front side of your cap until you receive your diploma (then change to the left, front side).
- Graduate students should carry hoods over their right forearm during the processional.
- When traveling to the Pavilion, avoid construction on Yale Avenue between 21st and 31st Streets by taking the Harvard Avenue exit from the Broken Arrow Expressway.
A professional photographer will take individual photographs as you accept your diploma and after you exit the stage.
Graduation Ceremony Schedule
5:15 p.m. Doors open
5:30-6:20 p.m. Graduate Check-in
6:30 p.m. Graduation Ceremony begins
7 p.m. Processional