Next Phase of I-244 Construction Set to Begin, Changing Access to OSU-Tulsa
According to the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT), the first phase of construction on Tulsa’s Inner Dispersal Loop (IDL) is nearing completion and access to the westbound lanes of I-244 is tentatively scheduled to reopen early next week.
Upon the reopening of the westbound lanes, the next phase of the large construction project will immediately begin. Traffic will be switched to the newly reconstructed section of I-244 and the eastbound direction of the north leg of the IDL will be closed. Access to OSU-Tulsa from Cincinnati/Detroit Avenues will most likely be open in the westbound direction and closed in the eastbound direction. This phase of construction is expected to take about 200 days to complete.
Continue to check the online detour map for updated alternate routes to OSU-Tulsa throughout the construction project.
OSU-Tulsa to Host Bedlam Baseball Kid’s Fun Zone
The Tulsa Chapter of the OSU Alumni Association will host the Bedlam Baseball Kid’s Fun Zone on Friday, May 7 at 5:30 p.m. at OSU-Tulsa. The event will take place in the southwest corner of Parking Lot D. Activities include a Jupiter Jump, face painting, games and a free gift for registered Legacies. Although tickets to the Bedlam game at ONEOK Field are sold out, Cowboy fans can enjoy fun pre-game activities with their whole family.
Tips for OSU-Tulsa Graduation Ceremony
Congratulations, Class of 2010! Here are a few tips to help make this momentous occasion go smoothly.
Monday, May 10
The Pavilion at Expo Square
5:30 p.m. Graduate Check-in begins
6:30 p.m. Graduation Concert begins
6:30-6:45 p.m. Graduate Line-up
7 p.m. Processional begins
- Coordinate a post-ceremony meeting point with family members.
- Leave all personal items (purses, backpacks, etc.) at home or with a friend or family member.
- Mortarboard Caps: Mortarboards are worn horizontally (parallel to the ceiling) with the point directly in the center front.
- Tassel: Wear on the right, front side of your cap until you receive your diploma (then change to the left, front side).
- Hoods for Graduate Students: March in carrying your hood over your right forearm.
- A professional photographer will take individual photographs as you accept your diploma and after you exit the stage.