Tips for a stress-free finals week
Group projects, presentations, research papers and final exams are just a few of the many challenges students face during the last weeks of the semester. Fortunately, OSU-Tulsa’s Learning Services Center offers several ways students can reduce stress and prepare for the upcoming finals week.
Study Tips and Stress Busters
- Use a planner or “to-do” lists to manage your time.
- Avoid multitasking - focus on one thing at a time.
- Start early - don't wait until the last minute to cram information.
- Find a quiet place to focus and avoid distractions.
- Read material more than once and don't just skim.
- Take little breaks to recharge mentally and physically.
- Eat a balanced diet, exercise and try to get at least six hours of sleep each night.
Still feeling overwhelmed? The OSU-Tulsa Counseling Center offers confidential counseling services for stress and other related issues. To learn more, call 918-594-8568.
Textbook buyback available Dec. 13-17
Students can put some money back in their pockets after finals by selling their textbooks back to the OSU-Tulsa Bookstore.
All textbook buybacks and rental check-ins will take place in the Bookstore Monday, Dec. 13 through Friday, Dec. 17 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Visit the OSU-Tulsa Bookstore’s website for more information and to learn about the top textbooks based on store buyback needs.
OSU students invited to compete for $40,000 in prizes in Riata Business Plan Competition
What’s your big idea? Students with an idea for a new business can enter the second annual Riata Business Plan Competition and win thousands of dollars to start the business. The deadline to file an intent to compete application is Friday, Dec. 17.
The winning plan will receive $25,000, while second- and third-place finishers will receive $10,000 and $5,000, respectively. The competition is open to all OSU students. To register or to learn more, visit the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship's website or call 405-744-3325.