Textbook Rental Program a success
OSU-Tulsa students saved more than $55,000 during the first semester of the university’s Rent-A-Text program.
The OSU-Tulsa Bookstore launched the program in July in time for the fall 2010 semester. Through the program, textbooks are available to rent for a variety of classes, most at less than half the cost of the new textbook purchase price.
The Rent-A-Text program is offered through OSU-Tulsa’s partnership with Follett Higher Education Group. It is the nation’s largest textbook rental program and has saved students more than $60 million nationally in the last year.
To learn more about the Rent-A-Text program, visit the OSU-Tulsa Bookstore or call 918-594-8150.
Stay updated during winter weather
OSU-Tulsa rarely closes, but classes may be cancelled if extreme weather conditions or emergency situations arise. In the event the campus closes, OSU-Tulsa will use a variety of tools to communicate up-to-date information to students, faculty, staff and the public.
- University Email – OSU-Tulsa Marketing and Communication Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) will send an official notice to the entire campus.
- Website – Information will be posted in the "News" section on the OSU-Tulsa home page.
- Social Media – OSU-Tulsa will use Facebook and Twitter to provide updates.
- Telephone Recording - There will be a recording on the main campus phone number at 918-594-8000.
- Local Media – Local media – radio, television, newspapers – will be contacted to help announce and update campus closures.
Students concerned about the cancellation of a specific course should contact their course instructor.
Be Money Savvy
Make every dollar count.
The Princeton Review recently named OSU as one of the nation’s 50 "Best Value" public colleges and universities. You can make your dollars count at OSU-Tulsa while earning a degree from a Big 12 comprehensive university at an affordable price. Students who turn in their 2011-2012 OSU-Tulsa scholarship application by Feb. 1 will be entered into a drawing for two tickets to the OSU vs. OU men's basketball game in Stillwater.
Be yourself at OSU-Tulsa.