Bedlam Run to raise money for student scholarships
The OU Club of Tulsa and the OSU Alumni Association’s Tulsa Chapter will join forces to raise money for student scholarships during the 2011 Bedlam Run on Saturday, July 30.
The event features a 5K, 10K and Fun Run for participants of all ages. The course runs through downtown Tulsa’s Blue Dome district and the OSU-Tulsa campus.
Registration is $25 per person through July 13 and $35 per person through race day. Participants are encouraged to form teams to represent their favorite school in this historic in-state rivalry series. Proceeds benefit the scholarship funds of the OSU Alumni Association and the OU Club of Tulsa. Visit www.bedlamrun.com to learn more or to register online.
Green tips for summer heat
OSU energy managers encourage the following tips to beat the heat and cut energy costs this summer.
- When leaving your office or home for summer vacation, remember to turn off all computers, monitors, speakers, non-networked printers, lights and other electronic equipment. Also, close all window blinds and tilt the slats upward to keep unoccupied spaces from heating up. If needed, remove plants from window sills, empty refrigerators and prop doors open.
- Maintain temperatures of 74-78 degrees when using air conditioning at home. Raise the temperature to 85 while you’re away.
- Clean and/or replace filters regularly. Spray the new ones with a light coating of lemon furniture polish or vegetable oil cooking spray to trap more dirt.
- Close blinds and drapes during the day to keep heat out.
- Use caulk and weather stripping to keep cool air in your home.