OSU-Tulsa, CHS fitness centers free for faculty and staff starting Jan. 1
OSU Center for Health Sciences and OSU-Tulsa faculty and staff will have free access to their campus wellness center facilities starting Jan. 1. The initiative is part of OSU’s effort to be America’s Healthiest Campus by promoting exercise and healthy living.
“OSU in Tulsa is glad to be able to offer this service for free to our faculty and staff,” said Susan Tolbart, director of student recruitment and development at OSU-Tulsa. “We’re eliminating barriers by providing access to fitness equipment to help everyone on our campuses live a healthy lifestyle.”
The OSU-Tulsa Wellness Center currently charges $20 per semester for faculty and staff to use the facilities, while the OSU-CHS Fitness Center charges $15 per month for use of those facilities. Students currently have access to fitness center facilities through student fees.
Membership at the wellness center provides access to state-of-the-art cardio equipment, free weights, fitness assessments and blood pressure checks, and a variety of fitness programs held throughout the year. The facilities also offer showers for use after workouts and the option of renting a locker.
Faculty and staff who want to use the facilities at OSU-Tulsa needs to fill out the enrollment form, which includes some general health and contact information, and have an OSU ID. The Wellness Center at OSU-Tulsa is open Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
OSU-Tulsa, TCC partner for GRE Preparation Course
Getting an advanced degree can open doors for a brighter career. The first step to getting into a graduate-level program can be to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), the most widely accepted graduate admissions test worldwide.
The OSU-Tulsa Graduate Student Services Center and Tulsa Community College Continuing Education are teaming up to offer a GRE Preparation Course for people getting ready to take the exam.
The course runs four consecutive Saturdays, Feb 25, March 3, 10 and 17, from 8 a.m. to noon at OSU-Tulsa. Cost for the course is $149. To register, contact TCC Continuing Education at 918-595-7200. For more information, contact the OSU-Tulsa Graduate Student Services Center at 918-594-8445.
OSU-Tulsa sets winter holiday hours
OSU-Tulsa, including academic advising, student services and the Bursar Office, will be closed for the winter holiday break Dec. 23 through Jan. 2. However, a few campus venues will be open to students, faculty and staff at select times. All campus offices will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 3 and spring semester classes begin Monday, Jan. 9.
- Main Hall Commons: Open except for Sunday, Dec. 25 and Sunday, Jan. 1. Starting Dec. 23 through Jan. 2 (except for Dec. 25 & Jan. 1) hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Normal hours resume on Jan. 3.
- Library: Closed Dec. 17-18. Open from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 19-22. Closed Dec. 23-26. Open 1 to 5 p.m. Dec. 27-30. Closed Dec. 31-Jan. 2. The Library will reopen at 8 a.m. on Jan. 3 and return to regular business hours.
- The Main Hall Computer Lab (Main Hall 2302): Closed Dec. 17-18. Open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 19-21. Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 22. Closed Dec. 23-26. Open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 27-30. Closed Dec. 31-Jan. 2. Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 3-6. Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Jan. 7 and 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Jan. 8. The Computer Lab will open at 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 9 and return to regular business hours.
- The Big Orange Bus, OSU’s shuttle service between Stillwater and Tulsa, will not operate during the winter break. Reservations for the spring semester will resume Jan. 3 by calling 918-594-8332 in Tulsa and 405-744-7100 in Stillwater. Shuttle service will begin again on Jan. 9 for the spring semester.
- OSU-Tulsa Bookstore: Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 19-22. Closed Dec. 23-26. Open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 27-29. Closed Dec. 30-Jan. 1. The Bookstore will be open at 9 a.m. on Jan. 2 and return to regular business hours.
- Subway and MoJoe’s Coffee Café and Foodery: Subway will be closed Dec. 23-25.; open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 26-28; and closed Dec. 29 through Jan. 2. MoJoe’s will be closed Dec. 19-Jan 2. Both eateries will return to regular business hours on Jan. 3.
- In the event of an emergency, OSU-Tulsa University Police will be open and available 24-hours-a-day at 918-594-8123.