Wireless Network Frequently Asked Questions
· OSU-Tulsa IT has installed Wireless Hotspots all around campus. If you do find a location that has low or no coverage please contact the IT helpdesk and we will do what we can to ensure connectivity in that area.
· Any OSU student, staff, or faculty member will have full access to the wireless network. LU students and staff who have access to use the OSU-Tulsa computer lab and library will also have full access to the wireless network. Guest and Visitors to the OSU-Tulsa campus will also have Wireless internet access
· No. There is no charge for connecting to the OSU-Tulsa wireless network.
· OSU students, staff, and faculty have access to the internet, SIS, Blackboard, Web CT, Library Databases, and virtually any other resources you want to access. Guest to the OSU-Tulsa campus will only have access to internet resources.
· Any 802.11 compliant wireless devices will be allowed to access the wireless network. These include but not limited to Laptop’s, PDA’s, Tablet PC’s. The OSU-Tulsa wireless network will support 802.11 A, B, and G cards.
· Many varieties of wireless network cards have been tested and have passed the requirements set by OSU-IT. To see a list of tested and compliant wireless network cards please go to www.osu-tulsa.okstate.edu/wireless/cards.html. The OSU-Tulsa bookstore has approved and tested wireless network cards for sell.
· OSU students, staff, and faculty will have access 24 hours a day anytime the OSU-Tulsa campus is open. Guest to OSU-Tulsa will have access from 6:00 a.m. to Midnight anytime the OSU-Tulsa campus is open.
· The OSU-Tulsa IT helpdesk is available to assist you with your wireless network and many other computer related problems. The helpdesk is located in Main Hall 2302 and is open from 8:00 a.m. to Midnight Monday - Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday during the school term. Please check www.osu-tulsa.okstate.edu/IT for up to date lab hours.