OSU-Tulsa Creative Writing Contest
The annual OSU-Tulsa Creative Writing Contest is open to all currently enrolled OSU-Tulsa students. Prizes are awarded in poetry and short story categories.
Rules and Guidelines
- Poetry entries will consist of three original poems of any length and short story entries of one original short story no more than twenty pages in length.
- All entries must be typed.
- The contest will be judged by OSU-Tulsa instructors and Learning Services Center writing consultants.
- Content of entries must be suitable for a college audience.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Author's name must not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- Students may enter both the poetry and short story categories, but only once per student per category.
- Winning entries will be published on OSU-Tulsa’s Creative Writing Contest Web site.
- Winners will be contacted by mail and the winning entries announced on Dec. 6, 2013.
All entries must be submitted on or before Friday, Nov. 22, 2013.
Download the entry form (PDF)
The form may be filled out electronically and printed to be mailed or submitted by hand, or the form can be saved and emailed as an attachment along with the contest entries.
How to submit
- By email
Send an email with the entries and the completed entry form to email@example.com.
- In person
Submit entries and the completed entry formin North Hall 103.
- By postal mail
Mail entries with the completed entry form to:
Attn: Creative Writing Contest
700 N. Greenwood Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74106