OSU-Tulsa Creative Writing Contest
The annual OSU-Tulsa Creative Writing Contest is open to all currently enrolled OSU-Tulsa students. Prizes are awarded in poetry and short story categories.
The contest is judged by OSU-Tulsa instructors and Learning Services Center writing consultants. Winning entries are published on the OSU-Tulsa Creative Writing Contest website.
2016 Contest Call for Entries
Entries are now open for OSU-Tulsa's tenth annual Creative Writing Contest. The contest is open to all currently enrolled OSU-Tulsa students. Winners will be recognized in poetry and short story categories.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Poetry entries will consist of three original poems of any length and short story entries of one original short story no more than 20 pages in length.
- All entries must be typed.
- The contest will be judged by OSU-Tulsa instructors and Learning Services Center writing consultants.
- Content of entries must be suitable for a college audience.
- Winners will be announced on Dec. 2, 2016, and will be contacted by mail.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Author’s name must not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- Students may enter both the poetry and short story categories, but only once per student per category.
- Questions or inquiries, call the Learning Services Center at 918-594-8232.
- Winning entries will be published on the OSU-Tulsa Creative Writing Contest website.
All entries must be submitted on or before Nov. 18, 2016.
2015 Contest Winners
- First Place: "The Snowbird" by Yan Xu
- Second Place: "Holiday Card" by Tamara Keane
- Third Place: "For T and Her Mother" by Hanna Al-Jibouri
- First Place: "Simulacra and Manifestation" - John Dixon
- Second Place: "Lost" by Lacey Haynie
- Third Place: "The Ancients" by Jason Hart