OSU Veteran Appreciation Scholarship
OSU Veteran Appreciation Scholarship
2017-2018 Scholarship Procedures
Application Submission deadline: Sept. 30, 2017
The Veteran Appreciation Scholarship is a cash award scholarship for one academic year. Half to be disbursed during the fall semester and half to be disbursed during the spring semester.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicant must be an honorably discharged veteran of military service, drilling reservist or National Guardsman in good standing, or the dependent (spouse or dependent child as defined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or U.S. Department of Defense) of a veteran or active duty military member.
- Applicant must be a full time student in good standing at Oklahoma State University or
- Applicant must be admitted and enrolled with the intent to pursue a course of study at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater or Tulsa.
- Enrollment must be full time for both the fall and spring semesters, as defined by Oklahoma State University’s Course Catalog.
- Prerequisite course work, training experiences, and regular course work must count for academic credit towards an Oklahoma State University degree or program.
- Dropped course work below Oklahoma State University’s three quarter full time level or complete withdrawal from a session will constitute reimbursement of scholarship funds, unless mitigating reasons are presented in writing to the Office of Veteran Student Academic Services that show ap-plicant’s actions were due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 based on 4.0 scale.
- Receipt of other tuition/fees, assistance funds, or other scholarships will not disqualify the recipient from this scholarship.
- Recipient may apply for this scholarship for multiple or consecutive years. Reapplication, howev-er, is not a guarantee that a past year recipient will be selected.
SCHOLARSHIP USES & DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS:
- Recipient will be awarded one-half of scholarship ($1500.00) by October 1 of award year, with for-mal presentation at the Oklahoma State University Veterans Appreciation Dinner in November. The second half of the scholarship ($1500.00) will be awarded on or before the 1st of February of the award academic year.
- Award can be used for tuition, student fees, books, materials, supplies, equipment, or necessary uniforms.
- Award can be used for all academic time periods
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING WITH THEIR COMPLETED APPLICATION:
- Completed application form.
- Proof of military status. Redact SSN and other classified information on documents, please.
- Veteran applicants – Member 4 Copy of DD214 with any DD215s (discharge/separation papers) or copy of United States Uniformed Services Retired Military ID Card (in color, front and back).
- Reservist and National Guardsman applicants – Copy of United States Uniformed Services Military ID Card (in color, front and back) and copy of latest Leave and Earning Statement.
- Dependent applicants – Sponsor’s Member 4 Copy of DD214 with any DD215s or copy of spon-sor’s United States Uniformed Services Retired/Active Duty Military ID Card (in color, front and back) and copy of dependents United States Uniformed Services Dependent ID (in color, front and back) or copy of sponsor’s recent DEERS statement showing applicant listed as de-pendent or copy of applicant’s birth certificate (showing sponsor as parent).
- Copy of picture ID (in color, front and back).
- Copy of one of the following as applicable: final high school transcript or latest college transcript (whichever is most recent).
- Proof of enrollment for upcoming semester: class schedule.
- Essay (see application).
- Letters of recommendation (see application).
Any questions or actions not covered by all previous instructions should be brought to the attention of the Of-fice of Veteran Student Academic Services at: email@example.com or 405-744-1389.
Submit all applicable documentation with application by 30 September 2017. Email submissions are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place VETERAN APPRECIATION SCHOLARSHIP APP in subject line.
Complete applications with supporting documentation can also be mailed to Veteran Student Academic Services, Oklahoma State University, 040 Student Union, Stillwater OK 74078.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED OR POSTMARKED AFTER 30 SEPTEMBER 2017 WILL BE DIS-QUALIFIED.