OSU-Tulsa deemed Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has named OSU-Tulsa a Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador.
The WRN Ambassador initiative formally recognizes organizations committed to partnering with NOAA to improve community and national readiness for extreme weather, water and climate events.
In January, OSU-Tulsa was recertified through 2017 by the National Weather Service as StormReady, a designation recognizing communities that take extra steps to anticipate and respond to severe weather events.
To read the full story, visit the OSU-Tulsa website. To learn more about the Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador initiative, visit the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation website.
Help save campus energy costs over holiday weekend
Do your part to help OSU-Tulsa conserve energy during the extended holiday weekend by using the following tips:
- Turn off or unplug electronic equipment such as computers, monitors, speakers and printers.
- Unplug fans, chargers, radios and appliances such as coffeemakers.
- Close blinds and tilt the slats upward to reduce heat loss.
- Turn off all lights when you leave.
Keep in mind that some areas on campus may be warmer than usual during the break due to reduced cooling times.
Riverside Drive to close for construction of A Gathering Place for Tulsa
|Click to enlarge.
Beginning Monday, July 13, the City of Tulsa will close Riverside Drive between 24th Street and 41st Street as work continues on A Gathering Place for Tulsa. During construction, drivers will need to take another route to get to downtown Tulsa.
Alternate routes include:
- From southeast Tulsa – Take Highway 169 to the Broken Arrow Expressway or I-244 to downtown.
- From south central Tulsa – Take Harvard or Lewis avenues to 15th Street, the BA Expressway or 11th Street to downtown;
- From southwest Tulsa – Use the Creek Turnpike toward Highway 75 to get downtown;
- From midtown – Take Peoria, Lewis or Harvard avenues, the BA Expressway, 15th Street or 11th Street to downtown.
The section of Riverside Drive is expected to reopen in late 2017. For more information about A Gathering Place construction, visit the city’s website.
Bedlam Run to celebrate OSU/OU tradition of rivalry
OSU alumni, students, faculty and friends are invited to sign up to compete in Albert G’s BBQ 2015 Bedlam Run in downtown Tulsa on Saturday, July 25.
The 5K and 10K races begin at 7:30 a.m. followed by the one-mile fun run at 7:35 a.m.
Bedlam Run is hosted by the Tulsa Chapter of the OSU Alumni Association and the OU Club of Tulsa. Proceeds from the event support scholarships for Tulsa-area students attending OSU. For more information about the event or to register online, visit the Bedlam Run website.