OSU-Tulsa launches Oklahoma's University for Parents
OSU-Tulsa has established Oklahoma’s University for Parents, a statewide initiative to help Oklahoma families strengthen parent-child relationships and build positive parenting skills.
OK-UP will host its inaugural event at 6 p.m. on May 9 in the OSU-Tulsa Auditorium with a showing of the documentary ‘ScreenAgers,’ a film praised for its examination of how digital technology affects child development and parenting.
OK-UP parenting classes and other services will first roll out in the Tulsa area and eventually expand statewide. Read more.
Last-minute tips for a smooth graduation
|OSU-Tulsa graduates participate in last year's commencement ceremony.
Preparing for graduation can help things go smoothly. Here are tips to ensure a stress-free ceremony:
- Tell friends and family to arrive early since seating is limited. Doors open at 5:15 p.m.
- Graduate check-in is from 5:30-6:20 p.m. The ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Leave all personal items with a family member or at home.
- Don't forget your regalia. Mortarboards are worn horizontally with the point directly in the center front. Tassels are worn on the right front of the cap and switched to the left side when you receive your diploma.
- Make arrangements for you or any guests who might need special assistance because of a disability by calling 918-594-8354.
- Coordinate a post-ceremony meeting point with family members and friends.
- And finally, relax and enjoy your graduation experience.
The ceremony will be streamed live on OState.TV. For more information, visit the graduation website.