OSU-Tulsa Creative Writing Contest
The annual OSU-Tulsa Creative Writing Contest is open to all currently enrolled OSU-Tulsa students. Prizes are awarded in poetry and short story categories.
The contest is judged by OSU-Tulsa instructors and Learning Services Center writing consultants. Winning entries are published on the OSU-Tulsa Creative Writing Contest website.
Deadline: Nov. 20, 2015
- All entries must be typed and accompanied by a contest entry form.
- Poetry entries will consist of three original poems of any length and short story entries of one original short story no more than twenty pages in length.
- Content of entries must be suitable for a college audience.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Author’s name must not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- Students may enter both the poetry and short story categories but only once per student per category.
- All entries must be submitted on or before Nov. 20, 2015
Winners will be announced on Dec. 4, 2015 and will be contacted by mail.
2014 Contest Winners
- First Place: “1x1 Lego” by Ambra King
- Second Place: “No Home” by Hanna Al-Jibouri
- Third Place: “Dear Future Self” by Daniel Dunlap
- First Place: “A Fair” by Matthew Pascucci
- Second Place: “The Sun is Gone/But I Have a Light” by John Gabriel
- Third Place: “A Plate of Eggs” by Cynthia DePalma